Master Incident Response at Your Own Pace
The Cyber Incident Response course is a self-directed, self-paced Computer Based Training (CBT) program that equips students with the skills needed to fight back against modern cyber threats. This course will teach students how to:
- Assess information security risk in computing and networking environments
- Collect cyber threat intelligence
- Analyze the cybersecurity threat landscape
- Respond to and investigate cybersecurity threats
- Analyze data collected from security event logs
- Assess and defend against post-attack techniques
Upon successfully completing this course, students will understand how to effectively prepare for, defend against and respond to successful cyber attacks.
- Module 1 – Data Collection and Analysis – Focuses on quantitative and qualitative techniques for analyzing and interpreting incident data.
- Module 2 – Vulnerability Assessment – Covers how to conduct and analyze scan results and prepare post remediation actions.
- Module 3 – The Incident Response Process – Provides an overview of the incident response process and industry best practices for preparation, response and remediation.
- Module 4 – Incident Response, Methods, Tools and Techniques – Prepares students to execute disciplined techniques and use modern tools to prepare for and respond to advanced cyber incidents.
- Module 5 – Threats and Attacks – Provides an historical look at threat trends with the intent of helping students contribute to a comprehensive defense of their organizations.