NICE Work Role Name:
System Testing and Evaluation Specialist
NICE Work Role ID:
NICE Work Role Description:
Plans, prepares, and executes tests of systems to evaluate results against specifications and requirements as well as analyze/report test results.
- K0001 – Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- K0002 – Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- K0003 – Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy.
- K0004 – Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles.
- K0005 – Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- K0006 – Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
- K0027 – Knowledge of organization’s enterprise information security architecture.
- K0028 – Knowledge of organization’s evaluation and validation requirements.
- K0037 – Knowledge of Security Assessment and Authorization process.
- K0044 – Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- K0057 – Knowledge of network hardware devices and functions.
- K0088 – Knowledge of systems administration concepts.
- K0091 – Knowledge of systems testing and evaluation methods.
- K0102 – Knowledge of the systems engineering process.
- K0139 – Knowledge of interpreted and compiled computer languages.
- K0126 – Knowledge of Supply Chain Risk Management Practices (NIST SP 800-161).
- K0169 – Knowledge of information technology (IT) supply chain security and supply chain risk management policies, requirements, and procedures.
- K0170 – Knowledge of critical infrastructure systems with information communication technology that were designed without system security considerations.
- K0179 – Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- K0199 – Knowledge of security architecture concepts and enterprise architecture reference models (e.g., Zachman, Federal Enterprise Architecture [FEA]).
- K0203 – Knowledge of security models (e.g., Bell-LaPadula model, Biba integrity model, Clark-Wilson integrity model).
- K0212 – Knowledge of cybersecurity-enabled software products.
- K0250 – Knowledge of Test & Evaluation processes for learners.
- K0260 – Knowledge of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data security standards.
- K0261 – Knowledge of Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards.
- K0262 – Knowledge of Personal Health Information (PHI) data security standards.
- K0287 – Knowledge of an organization’s information classification program and procedures for information compromise.
- K0332 – Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- S0015 – Skill in conducting test events.
- S0021 – Skill in designing a data analysis structure (i.e., the types of data a test must generate and how to analyze that data).
- S0026 – Skill in determining an appropriate level of test rigor for a given system.
- S0030 – Skill in developing operations-based testing scenarios.
- S0048 – Skill in systems integration testing.
- S0060 – Skill in writing code in a currently supported programming language (e.g., Java, C++).
- S0061 – Skill in writing test plans.
- S0082 – Skill in evaluating test plans for applicability and completeness.
- S0104 – Skill in conducting Test Readiness Reviews.
- S0107 – Skill in designing and documenting overall program Test & Evaluation strategies.
- S0110 – Skill in identifying Test & Evaluation infrastructure (people, ranges, tools, instrumentation) requirements.
- S0112 – Skill in managing test assets, test resources, and test personnel to ensure effective completion of test events.
- S0115 – Skill in preparing Test & Evaluation reports.
- S0117 – Skill in providing Test & Evaluation resource estimate.
- S0367 – Skill to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- A0026 – Ability to analyze test data.
- A0030 – Ability to collect, verify, and validate test data.
- A0040 – Ability to translate data and test results into evaluative conclusions.
- A0123 – Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- T0058 – Determine level of assurance of developed capabilities based on test results.
- T0080 – Develop test plans to address specifications and requirements.
- T0125 – Install and maintain network infrastructure device operating system software (e.g., IOS, firmware).
- T0143 – Make recommendations based on test results.
- T0257 – Determine scope, infrastructure, resources, and data sample size to ensure system requirements are adequately demonstrated.
- T0274 – Create auditable evidence of security measures.
- T0393 – Validate specifications and requirements for testability.
- T0426 – Analyze the results of software, hardware, or interoperability testing.
- T0511 – Perform developmental testing on systems under development.
- T0512 – Perform interoperability testing on systems exchanging electronic information with other systems.
- T0513 – Perform operational testing.
- T0539 – Test, evaluate, and verify hardware and/or software to determine compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
- T0540 – Record and manage test data.