Third-party products and services, including course instructors have helped many candidates to close knowledge and skill gaps. Lunarline does not endorse any particular provider and encourages candidates to use a variety of tools and resources that will enhance their understanding of relevant principles and the exam’s concentration area.
Candidates must possess at least 3 years relevant experience in recovery and contingency planning in order to obtain the expert level credential. The associate level credential will be awarded to those who pass the exam, but do not have the required experience. The credential can be elevated to expert level upon attaining the required experience. Simply email [email protected] to start the experience verification process.
Mapping to the NICE Framework
NICE Work Role Name:
Cyber Defense Incident Responder
NICE Framework Category
CCE® Concentration Area:
Protect and Defend (PR)
NICE Specialty Area:
Incident Response (CIR)
NICE Work Role ID:
OPM Code | DCWF Code:
NICE Work Role Description:
Investigates, analyzes, and responds to cyber incidents within the network environment or enclave.
Lunarline Training Courses:
Continuing Education: The Lunarline SCS Training Program and other third-party vendors offer activities, products and services across the country that qualify as Professional Development Credits (PDCs) that target the same NICE category, specialty area, work role, and/or authoritative sources as our certifications. We encourage candidates to use a variety of tools and resources that will enhance their understanding of relevant principles and reflect their learning styles and needs.
- Cyber Defense Incident Responder (PR201-RBT)
- Incident Handler - RBT (PR107)
- Incident Handler - RBT - WBT (PR107-WBT)
- Incident Response (PR205)
- Incident Response - SP (PR205-SP)
- Incident Response, Investigations and Network Forensics (PR204)
- Insider Threat Awareness - WBT (AN002-WBT)
- Python Coding for Incident Responders - Online (PR225a)
- Python Coding for Incident Response Handlers (PR225b)
- Python for Cybersecurity Professionals (SP104)