The Certification Body (CB) is committed to impartiality, objectivity, and fairness in all aspects of its certification program. This commitment is reflected in all policies of the CB, and the execution of all policies.
If an applicant or certificate holder violates any exam policy, exam agreement (NDA) or term within the Certification Holder Policies and Guidelines, or engages in any misconduct that diminishes the security and integrity of the Lunarline School of Cybersecurity (SCS) Cyber Certified Expert (CCE)® Program in any way, the person may be permanently prohibited from taking any future CCE® Program exams. In addition, the applicant may be decertified from the CCE® Program, and test scores and certifications may be revoked.
Examples of such misconduct, misuse, and fraud include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cheating during the exam (such as looking at notes, online resources, etc.)
- Providing or accepting improper assistance
- Using unauthorized material in attempting to satisfy certification requirements (this includes using “brain-dump” material and/or unauthorized publication of exam questions with or without answers)
- Falsifying identity or impersonating another individual to gain access to an exam
- Copying, publishing, disclosing, transmitting, selling, offering to sell, posting, downloading, distributing in any way, or otherwise transferring, modifying, making derivative works of, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or translating any exam in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose
- Disclosing Lunarline intellectual property
- Disseminating actual exam content
- Using the exam content in any manner that violates applicable law
- Violating the exam retake policy
Exam Retake Policy
- Applicant does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the applicant must wait at least 24 hours before retaking the exam.
- If an applicant does not achieve a passing score the second time, the applicant must wait at least 14 days before retaking the exam a third time.
- An applicant may not take a given exam any more than three times per year (12 months). This 12-month period starts the day of the third unsuccessful exam retake. The applicant is then eligible to retake the exam 12 months from that date. To take a given exam more than three times per year an applicant must submit a request and obtain prior permission. Requests can be sent to [email protected] for consideration.
- If an applicant achieves a passing score on an exam, the applicant cannot take the exam again.
Special Arrangements for Exams – Disabilities
Lunarline provides reasonable accommodations in its exam procedures in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Applicants who require special accommodations should email [email protected] in advance of registration/resume submission. The initial email need not include sensitive information or documentation; only that a special arrangement is being requested for a disability.
The applicant will then be provided directions to securely submit documentation, an explanation of accommodations needed, and desired CE exam/credential. Please allow 2-3 business days for review. The Certification Body will then provide resolution for the accommodation request.