Third-party products and services, including course instructors have helped many candidates to close knowledge and skill gaps. Lunarline does not endorse any particular provider and encourages candidates to use a variety of tools and resources that will enhance their understanding of relevant principles and the exam’s concentration area.
- NIST SP 800-137 - Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations
- NIST SP 800-37 Rev. 1 – Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: A Security Life Cycle Approach
- NIST SP 800-55 Rev. 1 - Performance Measurement Guide for Information Security
Candidates must possess at least 3 years of experience in Information Security Continuous Monitoring, Security Operations, and/or Security Assessments and Authorization (SA&A) in order to obtain the expert level credential. The associate level credential will be awarded to those who pass the exam, but do not have the required experience. The credential can be elevated to expert level upon attaining the required experience. Simply email [email protected] to start the experience verification process.
Mapping to the NICE Framework
NICE Work Role Name:
Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
NICE Framework Category
CCE® Concentration Area:
Protect and Defend (PR)
NICE Specialty Area:
Vulnerability Assessment and Management (VAM)
NICE Work Role ID:
OPM Code | DCWF Code:
NICE Work Role Description:
Performs assessments of systems and networks within the network environment or enclave and identifies where those systems/networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. Measures effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known vulnerabilities.
Lunarline Training Courses:
Continuing Education: The Lunarline SCS Training Program and other third-party vendors offer activities, products and services across the country that qualify as Professional Development Credits (PDCs) that target the same NICE category, specialty area, work role, and/or authoritative sources as our certifications. We encourage candidates to use a variety of tools and resources that will enhance their understanding of relevant principles and reflect their learning styles and needs.
- Continuous Monitoring and Security Operations (CO266)
- Counterintelligence for IT and Cybersecurity Professionals (AN209)
- Counterintelligence for IT and Cybersecurity Professionals - SP (AN209-SP)
- Information Systems Continous Monitoring for Philips (CO131-PHI)
- Information Systems Continuous Monitoring (CO212)
- Insider Threat Awareness - WBT (AN002-WBT)
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst (PR202-RBT)
- Vulnerability Assessment and Analysis (AN202)