Securing Web Applications, Services, and Servers 4-Day Course
In order to secure against outside threats, it is necessary to be able to see as they see. Lunarline’s 4-day hands on course on securing web applications, services, and servers helps system administrators learn how to analyze their own systems so that they can be proactive in taking the steps to counter threats against systems. This course covers a breadth of topics including internal system checks, system hardening techniques, and web application auditing. This course is designed as a system hardening overview with enough details and hands on learning to add new tools to even the most seasoned administrator’s tool belt. The skills gained from this class can help ensure that your organization is ready to secure itself against threats old and new.
This course is focused on the tools and techniques required to gain visibility into existing network threats on your corporate servers and methodologies for eliminating unnecessary potential security risks through system hardening best practices. This class includes hands on training with the tools used by industry professionals to audit systems for known vulnerabilities as well as the tools used to identify potential security hazards down the road. Upon completion, students will be able to audit systems and have the knowledge to take the necessary steps to secure them against the wide variety of threats that exist on the Internet today.
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.
NICE Work Roles
Information Systems Security Developer
Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates information system security throughout the systems development life cycle.
Develops, creates, maintains, and writes/codes new (or modifies existing) computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs.
Secure Software Assessor
Analyzes the security of new or existing computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs and provides actionable results.
- Module 1 - Introduction
- Module 2 – Administrivia (Course Overview, Bathrooms, Breaks) Instructor and Student Introductions
- Module 3 – Practice in the Use of Federally-approved Security Tools
- Module 4 – Techniques for auditing cross-platform sites and systems
- Module 5 – System hardening techniques and standards
- Module 6 - Creating configuration baselines to ensure organizational consistency
- Module 7 - A detailed understanding of system service auditing
- Module 8 - Hands on experience with the tools required to secure any system
- Module 9 - Overview of web application hardening techniques
- Module 10 - Creating pertinent organizational security auditing policies
No image gallery for this course as of yet.
No video for this course as of yet.