Network and Packet Analysis Hands-On 4-Day Course
This course provides the student the concepts, methodologies, and hands-on tools to analyze network traffic for the purposes of focused operations, cyber operations, pen testing, intrusion detection, and incident response. Each student will be provided an overview on how packet analysis applies to their cyber security position. This course will provide an overview of the TCP/IP Stack to include UDP as it relates to architecture but also includes how packet analysis can identify and create network-based attacks. Students will learn how to use TCPDump, TShark, and will be given an overview of commercial tools to conduct analysis.
This course will provide an overview of the TCP/IP Stack to include UDP as it relates to architecture but also includes how packet analysis can identify and create network based attacks. Students will learn how to use TCPDump, TShark, and will be given an overview of commercial tools to conduct analysis.
Course includes the following takeaway items: a printed training book and a CD that includes reference materials pertaining to the course.
NICE Work Roles
Information Systems Security Manager
Responsible for the cybersecurity of a program, organization, system, or enclave.
Network Operations Specialist
Plans, implements, and operates network services/systems, to include hardware and virtual environments.
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2 – Administrivia (Course Overview, Bathrooms, Breaks) Instructor and Student Introductions
- Module 3 – Packet Analysis Overview
- Module 4 – Application of packet analysis Cyber Operations and Focused Operations
- Module 5 – TCP/IP / UDP Stack Review
- Module 6 – Other protocols / Codecs
- Module 7 – Deploy and configure TCPDump
- Module 8 – Analysis Methods using TCPDump
- Module 9 – Deploy and configure tShark
- Module 10 – Analysis Methods using tShark
- Module 11 – System Tests and evaluations
- Module 12 – Hands-on Exercises and Final Practical Exam/CAPSTONE Exercise
No image gallery for this course as of yet.
No video for this course as of yet.