Conducting a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
Lunarline’s Privacy training emphasizes the importance of privacy safeguards, explains privacy protection requirements, and details your responsibilities for protecting privacy information.
Course Module(s) Description
- Module 1 - Learning the 6 steps in the PIA model:
1. Identify the need for a PIA with a Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTA)
2. Describe the information flows (Data Mapping)
3. Identify and assess privacy-related risks
4. Identify and evaluate solutions (remediation)
5. Sign-off and record PIA outcomes
6. Integrate the PIA outcomes back into the PIA plan of record
- Module 2 – Implementing the PIA:
1. The PIA Team
2. What the PIA Process Must Analyze
3. Other PIA Considerations/Activities Which May Trigger a PIA
4. How to Complete a Privacy Analysis Worksheet
- Module 3 – Determining Privacy Risks
- Module 4 – Safeguarding PII
1. Minimize PII
2. Secure PII
3. Safeguard the transfer of PII
4. Dispose of PII Properly
NICE Work Roles
Privacy Officer/Privacy Compliance Manager
Develops and oversees privacy compliance program and privacy program staff, supporting privacy compliance, governance/policy, and incident response needs of privacy and security executives and their teams.
You will earn CPE’s to your existing certifications with CompTIA, ISC2 and ISACA.
This course includes one exam voucher to earn the Certified Expert Privacy Professional (CEPP)® credential in the Lunarline Cyber Certified Experts (CCE) Program.
Certified Expert Privacy Professional (CEPP)®
Share this course
Need more information on this course?
“It has been a great experience learning RMF by the way of the instructor, Ashely Roan who was very knowledgeable in the field. Thank you for making the course enjoyable, relatable and memorable!”
“Instruction was first rate. Lunarline worked with my organization in a flexible manner allowing me to obtain the training as required. I enjoyed the instructor- knowledgeable, personable, professional, entertaining and impressive.”
“Excellent learning experience. Many classes taken over my career, this class offered a “real” world approach to a new methodology. Easy to follow, repetitious in the right areas. Excellent coverage of material at appropriate pace. Real world example were good!”
“The class was excellent! I will continue to take classes from Lunarline in the future. The course material being loaded on a tablet was also a great idea because this will be a great resource to have in my future meetings.”
“I feel prepared to transition to RMF based on the content covered by the course. The hands‐on demo was very helpful and very relevant to my job.”